28 August, 2010

The most Awesome stranger!!!

I feel so so blessed and lucky at this moment!

I got my laces!!! Woohoooooo!!

When I first saw the laces on ebay, I was ecstatic! But later on, I realised that the seller doesn't shipped to Singapore and I couldn't even click "buy it now" and the quantity that she posts is a few metres short of what I want.

Out of desperation, I contacted a member whom recently bought some things from her and hope she can help me to contact the seller and she did! Not only she did that, she even wanted to send me a wedding hankie for my wedding!!

I am so so so touched by her actions! I had never ever met a stranger that's so nice and helpful!

Read our conversation below and see how great she is!

From: Wendy
To: xxxx
Sent Date: Aug-26-10 21:30:00 PD
Dear xxxx,

Hi! I understand that you just made a purchase from xxxxxgal55 from ebay and can you please give me her contact details? Or can you please drop her a message and ask her to email me at "mywboo@hotmail.com"? I desperately need to get some lace from her for my wedding but I am not able to click "buy it now" as I am from Singapore and Singapore is not in her list of address she ships to and she is not contactable through ebay for the past few days.
Really hope you can help.
Thank you so much in advance!

Best regards,
Wendy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: xxxx
To: wendy

Sent Date: Aug 27, 2010 13:06:42 SGT
Dear Wendy,
I'll try
- xxxx
From: xxxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: wendy
To: xxxx

Sent Date: Aug-26-10 23:35:55 PDT
Dear xxxx,
Thank you so so much!!!!! Really appreciate your help! :D
- wendy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: xxxx
To: wendy
Sent Date: Aug 27, 2010 21:14:44 SGT
Dear wendy,
She's going to contact u if she hasn't already done so. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! May I gift you with a wedding hankie to carry? I'd just need to know where to send it, and what your taste preferences are (there are many kinds, from casual to formal, some with colors (something blue?) and some pure white; plain to fancy. Let me know! Did u say u were in Singapore? I recently hired someone who was born there.
- xxxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Aug 27, 2010, at 1:00 PM,
Dear xxxx,

Hi! Thank you so so much! How can I take anything from you when you did me such a big favour! I really appreciate your help! I can't thank you enough! :D
- wendy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: wendywenz12

Sent Date: Aug 28, 2010 09:15:51 SGT

Dear wendy,
1. Because you involved me, out of all the people in the world, for whatever reason, but it did happen for a reason.

2. Because I was actually able to communicate to her, and she actually answered back.

3. Which means that I was actually able to help a total stranger -- how often does that get to happen? It's not something I woke up planning to do... very cool!
 
4. Because ebay, which made the favor possible, has been my demise, and as a packrat, I have amassed boxes of gorgeous handkerchiefs that I planned to use to make angel ornaments and become a millionaire, which I don't think's going to happen, so I then decided to give them as gifts to people who are getting married - and I certainly don't know enough people to give them all away to.

5. Because if I give even just one away to someone I don't know, my husband will be impressed that I've actually moved something out of the house instead of bringing more into the house and he might not fuss about my most recent collecting for a whole day or so.

6. Because that would make me happy!

7. So essentially, because you would be doing ME a favor! Payback. Then we're even! Doesn't that sound fair?

 Isn't she great?? She's the most awesome stranger that I've ever known!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment