31 May, 2010

Breakfast @ Riders Cafe

BB and I finally had breakfast at the much coveted Riders Cafe on a bright bright sunday morning. Well, this place is so popular that when I make a reservation on Tuesday, they only have the 830am and 2pm slot vacant. Isn't that MADNESS? (Please note that it's at a very ulu place in Bukit timah)

Well, I personally think I am a little mad too. To wake up at 730am on a Sunday morning (I don't even wake up this early for work) to go to an ulu place for breakfast. Oh well, I'll just take it that I need fresh air once in a while after I confirmed the reservation in a spur of the moment.

The ambience wasn't too bad and there are quite a few tables filled when I arrived. I thought I was real early but apparently there are some people that are even earlier. Madness.
Overall, it felt cozy but it was a tad too hot for me as the place is non-airconditioned and they probably had on 50% of the ceiling fans. The service was only so-so as they are seriously under-staffed when we arrived. The tables were soon filled and most of the customers were actually expats.

The cute angmoh baby that actually pull off the entire stem of the plant behind him
BB looking all fresh and happy
Me looking like a ghost and trying to smile with 4hours of sleep
We waited for quite a while for our breakfast and finally, it was served.
BB's Riders Breakfast

My scrambled eggs with chao ta potato

Decent pancakes

The food was alright but I dont think I will go back there again as it's too way out and I personally prefer wild honey :)

Guess it's my first and last time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment