25 March, 2010

Journey to finding my Perfect Gown

Now that I had found my perfect hotel, next important step is to find my perfect gown.

I went to try out some gowns with intentions to be a "big bao" (well, we really are a 'big bao' on that day but managed to get some good quotations)on Tuesday with my BB, Mdm Boo and my dear 'ah ma'. We went to a couple of bridal shops and tried on quite a number of gowns and I realised that, to be a bride, you need to be really SLIM (if not skinny!). I was lucky as I managed to squeeze into all the gowns that I tried but a few were soooooooo tight that I can't breathe! That's seriously madness! I was holding my breathe and so afraid to release it as I am so damm afraid that I'll burst the gown la! That will be sooooooo 'dui lian' if it happens lor..

Gown after gown, I seriously managed to slip into my dream full lace gown!!! But, as the saying goes (according to Mdm Boo), one is supposed to fit into the gown and not the other way round. Though I managed to fit into my perfect gown, but I was TOO TALL for it (I am too tall for it when I am NOT in my heels-_-" )!!!!!! Isn't that ridiculous?!?!?! Now, being tall has its disadvantages :( But then again, the designer should have design the gown to be longer as you need relatively long legs to carry that beautiful mermaid shape gown. And I really think that I look demure, pretty and shapely in that gown! Hahhahaa..the audience present can attest to that! (I am so not shy all of a sudden. Hahhahahaa)

I was so happy when I tried it on as it is perfect! The lace is so so so beautiful and compliments the gown really well.. And for this gown, I can't tailor-made even if I want to because the lace is no longer available.. I am not fated with it after all...

But well, I had seen myself in that gown and totally knows what I want. Guess I'll have to find a bridal shop that is able to deliver what I want. Going for more gown sourcing soon and I promise to upload pictures soon! (I was too excited about the whole gown thingy that I forgot to take pictures..silly me :()

I guess finding the perfect gown and being disappointed is part of the gown sourcing process. Really hope I can find the 'one' that's meant for me soon:)


No comments:

Post a Comment